Canoe Cove Association
History of Canoe Cove Manufacturing
To Promote the Ownership and Enjoyment of Boats Manufactured by Canoe Cove Manufacturing
This section of the website is devoted to the history of Canoe Cove Manufacturing. In it you will find historical photographs, stories and facts. It is still in the development stage but it will be expanded as more information is obtained and added. We encourage all members who have any historical photos, or information of any type to please send it to the Webmaster.
Canoe Cove Manufacturing (CCM) actually dates back to 1936 where they were building boats at Canoe Cove Marina under the Canoe Cove Marina Ltd name. In 1958 the late Don Matheson became involved and took the company to a higher level. In 1976 the boat building division of Canoe Cove Marina spit off and became Canoe Cove Manufacturing Ltd., which is still in operation today.Click on this list of material we have on file at present:
- A Class Act
- This is a reprint of an article that appeared in Pacific Yachting. It covers the overall history of the company.
- Canadian Yachting Report
- Canadian Yachting article on the 41' Tri-Cabin from April, 1984.
- Commercial Advertisement
- Commercial Boats Ad covering all the different types CCM made.
- Commercial Boats Cataloque
- Institutional and Tour Vessels
- CCM Facts
- Canoe Cove Manufacturing facts and statistics.
- CCM Factory Pictures
- CCM Factory Pictures - the building of the first 42' boat.
- Custom Built Vessels
- Princess Pachina, a 69.5 ft.
- DFO Robson Reef
- Article appearing in the Aug. 1990 issue of Harbour & Shipping.
- Japanese Magazine Article
- Feature article from Ocean Life, a Japanese publication on the 42' Tri-Cabin. In Japanese but very interesting to look at.
- Rescue Vessels
- Article appearing in the January 1986 issue of Harbour & Shipping.